Tuesday, May 1, 2007

"In the Land of Women"...chick flick extrordinare

So, I went to see a movie with my friend called "In the Land of Women". I liked it right away because I could see that this man (so cute Adrian Brody) who was lost in life was going to find himself with the help of three women: his grandmother, his next door neighbor (meg ryan), and the neigbor's daughter named Lucy...a budding teenage girl. How could he fail to find himself when he's surrounded by the Tripple Goddess: The Maiden, the Mother, and the Crone. He comes to know them all on a personal level, and even helps them a little in return for all that they end up doing for him.
It was the ultimate chick flick because it wasn't just for women, it was about women and their mystery, power, compassion, and passions. I think that if any man wanted to understand women he would seek out such a situation. We are complicated, but not beyond understanding.

No comments: